Welcome to the Master Gardeners
of Hamilton County website
Despite challenging conditions with soil and climate, gardening is one of the most popular activities. We Master Gardeners are glad to share our knowledge and experience with you through a variety of projects, workshops, and demonstration gardens.
3rd Annual “Master Your Garden” Garden Expo – April 11–12, 2015
The Master Gardeners of Hamilton County proud to present the 3rd Annual “Master Your Garden” Garden Expo on April 11-12, 2015 at Camp Jordan Arena in East Ridge TN.
- Commercial vendors & Educational exhibitors – click here to see the list
- Free lectures throughout the 2-day Expo by local gardening experts
- On-going demonstrations
- Question and answer table for free expert advice on plants, landscaping, pest control, composting, vegetable gardening, and various topics to help you have a successful garden and yard
- Children’s area with gardening-related activities
- Open to the Public; $5 admission (cash or check)
- Free parking
For more information on the Garden Expo, click here.
We are taking applications from vendors and exhibitors. This will be the perfect venue to share your business with residents of Chattanooga and the surrounding municipalities. Click here for more information if you are a Vendor or Exhibitor interested in participating in the Garden Expo. We appreciate your consideration and look forward to hearing from you.
Public Classes offered by the MGHC Education Committee
The Education Committee of the MGHC offers classes on varying topics on the third Saturday morning each month. These classes are open to the public and are generally free.
- March 21st, 10:00 to 12:00am: Butterflies taught by Stephanie Payne
- March 21st, 2:00 to 4:00pm: Rain Gardens taught by Mike Payne
- April 18th, 10:00 to 12:00am: Container Gardening taught by Connie Giles
Beginning & Newcomer Gardening Classes
Well, it is that time of year again. spring is around the corner and we all are itching to get out in the gardens.
It is also time for the 20th Annual Beginning & Newcomer Gardening Classes, which will again be held at UT Extension, 6183 Adamson Circle, Chattanooga on 4 consecutive Tuesday nights from 6:30 to 8:30 pm, March 10, 17, 24, 31. Click here for more information and to get the class registration form.
2016 Master Gardener Classes
Want to become a Master Gardener? The next Master Gardener Training Course, offered by the University of Tennessee Extension, will begin in January 2016. Two sessions will be offered: Monday evenings or Tuesday mornings. This course offers extensive training in gardening. Classes are taught by the highest-quality, trained instructors using research-based information from the University of Tennessee. The classes meet for fifteen weeks, with graduation taking place in April.
The classes bring you the newest and most practical information available on topics related to home gardens and landscapes. Past topics have included wildlife, basic landscaping, flowers, trees, lawns, insects, plant diseases, and many others.
Registration for the 2016 clasess will begin in November 2015. Please check back for more information.