Master Gardeners of Hamilton County
3rd Annual “Master Your Garden” Garden Expo
Saturday April 11 – Sunday April 12, 2015
Camp Jordan Arena, East Ridge TN
Once again Camp Jordan Arena was filled with wonderful vendors and exhibitors at the “Master Your Garden” Garden Expo. There was a wide variety of plants from tomatoes, camellias, and hydrangeas to orchids, bromeliads, and bonsai trees; with fertilizer, worm castings, and mulch and a variety of tools and equipment to care for your plants. Yard art included birdhouses, iron work, pottery, benches, and birdbaths. And who could resist all the homemade jams, jellies, sausage, and fresh eggs. Be sure to mark your calendar for the 4th Annual “Master Your Garden” Garden Expo next April.
To see photos from the 2015 Garden Expo, click here.
To see the list of the 2015 Vendors and Exhibitors, click here.
Our goal is to bring the latest gardening information to the community by offering:
- A series of free lectures throughout the 2-day Expo by local and out-of-town experts
- Numerous garden vendors
- Educational vendors
- On-going live demos both days
- Questions and answer table where you can receive free expert advice on plants, landscaping, pest control, composting, vegetable gardening, and various topics to help you have a successful garden and yard
- Children’s activity area
- New this year – Bonsai exhibit sponsored by the Tennessee Valley Bonsai Society
- Door prizes
- Free parking
- Open to the Public
- $5 admission good for both days (cash or check)
- Children under 12 years old admitted free
Free Lectures and Education
Gardening experts are scheduled each day to speak on a variety of topics. Click here to see the schedule of lectures, topics, and speakers for the 2015 Garden Expo.
Throughout the weekend there are live demonstrations on composting, proper mulching, raised beds and container gardening, and ‘Physically Challenged with adaptive tools’ gardening.
There are several displays, such as insects, and the Master Gardeners have a Question & Answer table to answer your gardening questions.
The Children’s Corner has gardening-related hands-on activities for the young gardeners, so be sure to bring the whole family!
Sponsors – We want to thank our Sponsors for their generous support. To see a list of our Sponsors, click here.
Information For Vendors and Exhibitors
- Move-in day is this Friday, April 10 from 7am-7pm.
- Garden Expo hours are Saturday and Sunday, 10am-6pm both days.
- Take-down is Sunday, 6pm-10pm, and Monday 7:30am-12 noon if needed.
- There will be plenty of Master Gardeners onsite available to assist you throughout the entire process.