This year on June 2-3 marks the Chattanooga Area Food Bank’s 25th Annual Spring Garden Tour. Five gardens will be presented offering ideas on different landscape designs and garden decor.
Four private gardens along with the Montessori World of Children School Garden are on the tour. Also, the CAFB’s Evelyn Davenport Navarre Teaching & Enabling Garden will host educational workshops on vegetable gardening, best gardening practices, conservation, and cooking & preserving classes.
The gardens on the tour are:
- Suzanne & Kin Smith – 549 Bluebird Circle, Chattanooga
- Jim Keown – 8633 Pershing Road, Chattanooga
- Jane Elmore – 901 Oak Street, Chattanooga
- Dona Smith – Laurel Cove Lane, Signal Mountain
- Montessori School Sensory Garden – 301 Montessori Way, Chattanooga
- CAFB Evelyn Davenport Navarre Teaching & Enabling Garden – 2009 Curtain Pole Road, Chattanooga
Tickets are $15 (children under 12 are free) and can be purchased in advance at the Food Bank or at any ot the gardens during the tour. The tour raises funds for the CAFB’s Bill Johnson Community Garden which provides elderly residents of the downtown Gateway community the opportunity to grow their own fresh produce, herbs, and flowers.
For more information, go to Chattanooga Area Food Bank.