Title: 2010 County Fair Build Day
Description: Get ready, get set, Build. The time is fast approaching for our August, 14th Fair project build day at Soddy Lake. We will use this day from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm to brainstorm, form a consensus and construct all the items we will use in our “Helping Grow Tennessee”exhibit at the Hamilton County Fair which will be held on September, 25th & 26th @ Chester Frost Park in Hixson TN.
We will be constructing the following items:
1″x2” Display Sign’s for Each Attraction
2 to 4 Seating Benches
4×8 Cedar Raised Bed Garden
Lattice Entry Gate
Rain Barrel accessories
Compost bin / Worm bin
50 Bird Houses
Bird House hangers
Tri-Fold Information Boards and additional planning items
This letter is also a search for old Barn Wood, Lumber, and similar material to be used to complete our Lattice Entry Gate, Benches, Signs, & Bird Houses, if you have access to this type of material, please let me know.
We will have limited use of electricity and would request everyone to bring Battery operated drills and saws with extra charged batteries marked with your name along with you.
We will grill Burgers and Hot Dogs at Noon, and would request everyone to bring there own cooler with drinks (plenty of Water) and a side dish that can handle a very WARM DAY this can be snacks , dessert or your special dish we all need to try.
This will be a very fun day and all are invited along with a spouse or friend, I do need to have a head count ASAP to order the food!!!
Directions from the AG Center:
1. Start out going NORTHEAST on ADAMSON CIR toward BONNY OAKS DR/TN-317. (go 0.1 miles)
2. Turn LEFT onto BONNY OAKS DR/TN-317 W. (go 0.9 miles)
3. Merge onto TN-153 N. (go 8.4 miles)
4. TN-153 N becomes DAYTON PIKE N. (go 0.4 miles)
5. Merge onto US-27 N/TN-29 N toward DAYTON. (go 7.9 miles)
6. Take the TN-319 exit toward HIXSON PIKE/SODDY DAISY. (go 0.4 miles)
7. Turn LEFT onto TSATI TER/TN-319. Continue to follow TSATI TER. (go 0.3 miles)
8. Turn RIGHT onto DAYTON PIKE. (go 1.5 miles)
9. Turn RIGHT onto OSAGE DR. (go 1.6 miles)
10. Turn LEFT to stay on OSAGE DR. (go 0.9 miles)
11. End at 1373 Osage Dr Soddy Daisy, TN 37379-6126
>> TOTAL ESTIMATED TIME: 33 minutes | DISTANCE: 22.41 miles
If you will not be at the Monthly meeting on the 15th , please drop me a separate e-mail with your Head Count.
Until the 14th , Happy Gardening,
Bud Hines, 2010 Fair Chairman
Start Time: 09:00
End Time: 16:00