With Spring just around the corner, now’s the time to update your landscaping skills. Two Tennessee Yards and Neighborhood Workshops are scheduled for April and May. Each session is held over 2 evenings, each session running from 6 pm to 9 pm. The April workshop will be held April 19th and 20th, and the May offering will be held May 11 and 13. Both workshops will be held at the Ag Center located at Bonny Oaks Avenue (6183 Adamson Circle).
During the workshop, you will learn
• Nine-Step Approach
• Turfgrass Management
• Mulching and Soil Amendments
• Innovative and Practical Ways to Conserve and Manage Rain Water in times of drought
• Landscape Design Principles
Course materials include
• Handbooks and guides ($20 value)
• Two free soil tests. ($20 value)
• A rain gauge and hand lens. ($10 value)
• Lunch or snacks during night programs
Registration is limited to 25 participants, and the cost is $35 for individuals or $50 per couple. You can register by calling the UT Extension office at 423 855-6113. Go here for a brochure.